Friday 7 November 2014

Masthead name ideas and reasons for my metal magazine.


The title for my music magazine will be used as a visual and text appeal to the target audience of my musical genre, chosen to be "metal" and other experimental genres associated with it. Using the research from the magazines I analysed, and independent research into magazines focused around the genre, I formed a list of magazine titles which I thought could be both appealing and catchy, and acceptable for the genre, ad conducted a survey with people from my target audience and people not from it, to get some variety 

Insurrection      (6)
Resurrection     (4)
Bloodshed        (2)
Saint                (4)
Infection           (1)
Vengeance        (2)

These titles appeal to the target audience because of their bold and somewhat specific reference to the culture seen in bands of the selected genre, they may also appeal due to their boldness and ability to be exploited using fonts and colour. There are also many religious puns, such as Saints and Bloodshed, as the target audience most likely wont be religious, or will belong to an underground religion, so these titles add an element of humour to the magazine, like this preexisting magazine, has Christian insinuation, with the crown of thorns.


No comments:

Post a Comment