Friday 24 April 2015

Question 3

 3. What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
My media product would be distributed in small shops. It could also be sold at festivals and other concerts, as lovers of the magazine’s target audience would most likely visit these events frequently. My product could also be sold as a webzine, as it is mainly aimed at the 16-30 age range that would be able to access the magazine via smartphone or tablet. 
I would also have my magazine distributed during music gigs or festivals, as it is a large platform for my product and would attract a wide variety of people, making it more popular. I could also consider having the magazine sold at gigs and concerts as during society today an extremely wide range of people attend concerts, which is a large advantage as it increases the likeliness of the magazine becoming noticed and developing into a large name as the extensive publicity it has gained.
I would use a smaller distribution company to distribute my magazine into shops; I would do this because I want to keep the price of my magazine low so that my target audience of students can afford it and a bigger company may exploit this and increase the price. I would bring out my magazine every two weeks because I would not want my target audience spending money every week on my magazine because they may become fed up of having to spend the money every week so they may be glad to have the week gap and it will leave them waiting to buy the next issue. I decided not to have the magazine monthly because my audience may not want to wait that long so they may buy other music magazines that my magazine is in competition with.  I could also design a website for people who do not buy magazines often so that it would be a multi-media magazine making it more popular on the web, and also it would be seen by more people as the internet is one of the fastest growing forms of media. 

My magazine would promote the website inside of it and the website would promote the magazine, this would show two different mediums working together. I would have to use a small production company as well since my magazine would be new on the market I would not be able to be vertically or horizontally integrated, so I would have to use a separate company for both distribution and production.   

No comments:

Post a Comment