Wednesday 1 April 2015

Double page spread similarites



General layout


I have based the image layout on this published magazine, so having a the image on the left and smaller thumbnails on the other side.


Because of my image composition, I couldn't have my anchor text at the bottom, as the example does, so I placed it in the available above space.




I have used a similar composition to the example image, so having a section (guitar instead of hand) more in focus than the rest of the image, making it more appealing to the target audience as they would be interested in the music.




Thumbnails



I have based the composition of the images on the Kerrang double page spread, so i had two portrait shots and a wide shot in between them, this is an interesting composition as it expands over two pages and shows the models playing and producing music, which is what the readers have come to read about.



Track list

I felt that there was a bit of negative space in this shot, so I adapted the idea of a track list of the songs that the band have produced to not only advertise the songs, but also give a review of the songs, as indicated by the staring system behind the song names.





No comments:

Post a Comment