Tuesday 21 April 2015

Question 4

 4. Who would be the audience for your media product?
I chose my target audience because they are the audience that I fit into, and they would be the easiest to interview when I would need my audience feedback. I also chose this target audience because they provide a wide range of variation in the metal stereotypes. This was shown by the reader profiles, from them, it made my initial peer research and questionnaires easier. 

I found that most people my age distinctively knew what they looked for in a music magazine, which made my research easier to conduct. I then made my magazine to target my own age group as I would know what appeals to this age and above, so concluded to the 16-30 age criteria. 
I found it considerably easy to appeal to this audience as I correspond to the target, enabling me to use my own personal preference as to what would appeal to me in a music magazine of the Heavy metal genre, so my choice in specific genre was also due to my personal influence, as well as the majority of people who completed my questionnaire. I felt that the mixed genre offered a lot of opportunities in style as it is a versatile and evidently very appealing to the majority, so tried a punk feel to my front cover.

The typical reader for my magazine would be student criteria who are interested in heavy metal, death metal, dijent and other core genres. They would enjoy going to concerts and discovering new music from upcoming artists whilst being passionate about hearing from their old favourites too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment