Monday 30 March 2015

Contents Page Comparisons

Thumbnail Contents


I have based the bottom of my magazine on this example from metal hammer. This example allows for a lot of text about the selected item and for a preview of what the article is about.

I also like how they have spaced out the text and images, with a thin line, which helps make it look organised and coordinated.

It also goes nicely with my house theme of red.



Main Image Title


I have adapted the idea of having the band name over the image to help identify the people in the image, and also having a small part of the article's information layered on top of the image.

This gives a smooth and cool look that my audience will enjoy.


Where the under layer of the text (model) has varying colours and gradients, i had think of a way to make it smooth and readable, so i place a 'shape' down and changed the opacity so it didn't look like a block. I also faded it out at the right to make it blend in

Contents Tab



I have bassed the contents tab on the tab from Karrang! as i know the blood red and dripping effect would appeal to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment