Thursday 12 March 2015

Double Page Spread Photo Choices

For my double page spread i have chosen to use two models, one was a rather opportunistic shoot as i passed a little gallery where he was performing. The background is quite busy, so i would have to blur it out to draw more attention to the model. His guitar is posed naturally, insuring the reminder that this is a music magazine.
Although there are a few things that my target audience would relate to, these photos are more of a punk inide genre, not appealing to my core metal targets. There is great lighting, and loads of props, it just wouldn't appeal to my audience,



For these pictures, i chose Reaper to be my model, as he is part of my target audience scene. He has many relatable props and costume features that other people who listen to the same music would, such as the black bandanna,  long dyed hair, all black clothes, guitar, camo strap and the graphic shirt.
I made him pose in many different positions to match my plans and to give me a large variety of choices and examples.




These photos are taken in different angles to portray Reaper in different views, because of the lighting, angle and amount of him/props are in the shot. The variations also allow for more shots to be placed along side my main image on my double page spread, like my example double page spread.


+

No comments:

Post a Comment